Welcome message from Lord Watson
The Nexus Commonwealth Network is the definitive online guide to doing business in Commonwealth countries, developed by Nexus Partnerships, the leading communications agency specialising in Commonwealth affairs.
Nexus is the principal official publisher of the Commonwealth Secretariat, delivering high-level print and electronic media for heads of government, ministers, senior officials and business leaders across and beyond the Commonwealth’s 52 member countries. As well as this website, Nexus also produces official Commonwealth publications such as:
- Commonwealth Governance Handbook, the official reference tool for public administration reform, launched by ministers for public sector development at their biennial conferences
- Commonwealth Education Partnerships, the annual guide to education for development in the Commonwealth, launched by education ministers at their triennial summits
- The Commonwealth Yearbook, the flagship annual publication of the Commonwealth Secretariat since 1967
- Global: the international briefing, a quarterly briefing for world leaders
- Commonwealth Health Partnerships, the annual guide to public health good practice in Commonwealth member countries, launched by health ministers at their annual meetings
- Commonwealth Governance and Growth, bridging the gap between the public and private sectors.
Nexus is the only communications agency to be represented on the Council of Commonwealth Societies, in recognition of its support for the Commonwealth Day Observance, held each year at Westminster Abbey and attended by Her Majesty the Queen, and for its official role in disseminating Her Majesty’s annual Commonwealth Day Message. As the leading Commonwealth publisher, this year Nexus inaugurated the Nexus Commonwealth Awards at a gala evening in London, attended by the heads of Commonwealth organisations, many High Commissioners, Lords, Baronesses and other Commonwealth VIPs.
In the words of His Excellency Kamalesh Sharma, Former Commonwealth Secretary-General:
“We’ve had a very old relationship with Nexus because we share a commitment and responsibility to the wider global community”
This website has been developed by Nexus, in association with Commonwealth organisations and over 50 heads of government, to meet the growing demand for information about investing in, trading with, and visiting the 52 member countries of this unique association. Over 20,000 organisations and 5,000 individuals making a difference to the economic, political and cultural landscapes of their countries are listed in this website, which makes it the largest and most up-to-date resource on the Commonwealth ever produced.
The Lord Watson of Richmond CBE
Former Chairman of the Council of Commonwealth Societies
Chairman of Nexus Partnerships