Ghana Association of Travel and Tourist Agents
- To keep members informed of all matters likely to interest them.
- To settle disputes which may arise between concerning professional matters
- To recommend to its members a common approach in actions undertaken at the national international levels.
- To intervene on Government policies that may seem to affect the industry negatively.
- To act as sole representative of Travel Agents and Tour Operators on National platforms
- To promote Travel and Tourism within Ghana, Africa and the whole world.
- To establish relations with national, international, government and non-governmental bodies which concern the Travel Industry.
The Association of Travel and Tourist Agents was founded in 1957 and was affiliated to the then Universal Federation of Travel Agents Association referred to as UFTAA) in 1967 to encourage, promote and foster unity among trade participant of the travel and tour fraternity in Ghana.
GATTA primarily set principles and standards of professional and commercial ethics, including professional & technical training, policy frame working and implementation through working.
Other ethical actions of the association include:
The secretariat is professionally managed by salaried Administrators headed by Ms Rukiya Sani with external auditors doing due diligence quarterly.
Mr. Hillarius McCash Akpah Snr.
President of the Ghana Association of Travel and Tourist Agents
Mr. McCash is a former Deputy General Secretary of GATTA, and the Head of the Travel and Tour Task Team. Mr. McCash has a deep knowledge of the ups and downs of the nation’s tourism sector. He is married with two children.
PO Box 7140,
Tel: +233 302 222398
Fax: +233 302 231102