Kenya Tourism Federation
The Tourism Industry in Kenya has traditionally had 7 active private sector bodies representing the associations of Tour Operators, Hotelkeepers and Caterers, Travel Agents, Air Operators, Mombasa & Coast Tourism and Ecotourism Kenya.
Whereas each association worked very hard on their own, the ability to effectively address the entire industry’s concerns was limited, as the priority needs of one association’s membership are quite different from those of another. This situation led to the birth of the Kenya Tourism Federation (KTF), with the primary objective of uniting the 7 associations under one umbrella. The key objectives of KTF are to:
- Provide a single voice for the tourism industry;
- Enhance ethics and standards in the tourism industry;
- Strengthen private sector representation on the various organisations/boards that impact on tourism;
- Provide a forum through which the industry can give input to the marketing activities of the Kenya Tourism Board;
- Lobby and constructively engage Government on issues critical to the industry.
To be the authoritative voice for Kenya’s tourism industry private sector
To promote a sustainable tourism sector through effective representation of private sector industry stakeholder interests.