The Chartered Institute of Marketing, Ghana (CIMG)
- Promote the study and practice of modern scientific marketing
- Establish close co-operation among all persons engaged in marketing in Ghana.
- Promote high professional standards among the Ghanaian business community.
- Educate the general public on marketing concepts and their importance to the country’s economy.
- Establish close relationships with other professional bodies in and outside the country, so as to enhance national and international trade development.
Founded in July 1981 as the Institute of Marketing, Ghana the name was changed in 1992 to the Chartered Institute of Marketing, Ghana.
Since its inception, the Chartered Institute of Marketing, Ghana (CIMG) has dedicated its activities to its mission statement that ‘seeks to deepen the interest of the marketing profession and to ensure excellence in marketing practice in corporate Ghana and the world at large’.
In exercising this function, the Institute seeks to:
In order to give meaning to its mission, the institute established a secretariat to run its activities and a school that is affiliated to CIM UK to prepare candidates for the marketing profession examinations.
Also, the institute promotes the interest of both individual and corporate members through various interventions; the provision of marketing professional advice and services to corporate bodies and the promotion of marketing excellence through the institution of the CIMG Annual Marketing Performance Awards.