- IT Expertise
- To be the partner of choice in all of the markets in which we do business
- To consistently exceed our financial targets over time for the benefits of all our stakeholders
- To attract, challenge and retain the best talents in our industry
- To respect the communities and environment in which we operate
- Skilled, experienced and competent team
- Quality brands
- Innovative solutions
- Customer service
- Regional coverage
- Driven to Win
- Founded in 1984 – specialised in Office Automation (OA) only
- 1988 – First Bureau in Nairobi
- 1990 – Introduction of Computer Division (PC Desktops, Entry level Servers, Copy Printer products)
- 1994 – Acquired operations of BMTL Tanzania
- 1995 – Enterprise ICT hardware & Network Solutions
- 1996 – Acquired Gestetner (Kenya & Uganda)
- 2000 – Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions and Enterprise Networking Solutions
- 2010 – Opened the Ethiopia Branch
- 2012 – Acquired Sperkjet East Africa Limited (SEAl)
- 2012 – Established Innotech Limited a fully owned subsidiary of The Copy Cat Group
- Rated as one of the fastest growing OA and IT companies in east Africa
- Customer base of over 7,000 companies
- Cisco Award – Architectural Excellence Collaboration Partner of Year Africa- 2014
- 2014 Oracle Specialized Partner of the Year: Engineered Systems
- Cisco Channel Customer Satisfaction Excellence 2014
- 2013 Symantec Gold Certification
- 2012 – In Recognition of Outstanding Performance Glory Ltd
- 2011- Cisco emerging Africa Small business specialization in E.A.
- 2011 – Cisco emerging Africa partner of the year
- 2011 – Cisco Video excellence award for emerging central theatre
- 2011 – Standard Chartered Bank Top service provider
- Cisco partner gold certification 2009
Partner of the Year, Emerging Africa – CCL
Partner Account Manager of the Year, E.A. – Satish
Channel Partner Account Manager of the Year, E.A – Murugan
- Outstanding unified communications partner 2009 Society of Kenya
- Best year on year growth award 2009 : SUN Microsystems 2009
- UGANDA’S TOP 100 MID SIZED COMPANIES 2009
Certificate of Achievement and a Plaque/Shield
Monitor Publications and KPMG UGANDA
- “Rising Star” for the highest HP growth in East Africa 2009
- Best ICT Company of the year (2008) Computer Society of Kenya
- Commercial Partner for Emerging Africa Award 2008
- Top Performance Partner of the year 2007
Sub- Sahara Africa
- Sales Achievement Award 2007
- Runners up ICT Company of the Year
Kenya Information Communication Technology Excellence award 2007
- Asante Sana Award 2007
- In recognition of Outstanding Achievement 2006/2007
International Distribution Business
- Outstanding Performance 2007
NRG International Ltd
- ICT Company of the Year 2006
Computer Society of Kenya
- Appreciation Award
Right Partner for 20 years
- Major account Winner 1999
- Achievement Award 1998
Major Account Winners
Compaq East Africa
The Copy Cat Ltd (formerly Business Machines Tanzania Ltd) was established in 1984 as a leading fully integrated Office Automation outfit selling products including but not limited to copy printers, fax machines and shredders.
During the 1990s, the IT world started to change tremendously. We therefore had to radically reposition ourselves in order to meet our customer needs. There was a need for highly experienced IT solutions and systems integration in addition to office automation equipment. This led to us partnering with different global solution providers to offer unique business solutions to large, small and medium entities. Today, The Copy Cat Ltd. has partnered with IT partners such as Cisco, Oracle, Symantec, VMware, HP, EMC2, Netapp and Microsoft. Office automation partners include, Godrej, HSM, RISO, RICOH, to mention but a few. The client base has grown over the years with clients ranging from the Private and Public Sectors, Banking, Financial, Saccos and Insurance (BFSI) and the Education Sector.
Quality customer service is at the heart of The Copy Cat Ltd. and in order to deliver efficient, reliable and fast services, we have responded by creating a network of sales and service centres including seven branches countrywide in Kisumu, Mombasa, Eldoret, Nyeri, Kisii, Embu and Nakuru. Steady growth and expansion has seen The Copy Cat Ltd. emerge as the leading IT Systems Integrator within East Africa with a turnover of beyond US$100 million. The regional offices include The Copy Cat Uganda, Business Machines Tanzania Limited (BMTL) Tanzania and The Copy Cat Ethiopia.
We conduct continuous and regular upgrading of our staff skills through training and workshops to ensure that the services we offer are the best in the industry. Today, The Copy Cat Ltd. prides itself in having a wide range of skill-sets in all major areas within its scope with over 150 trained technical experts and a robust workforce of over 800 talents in East Africa who are well trained and equipped to offer excellent sales and support services.
Our commitment in giving back to society seeks to enrich lives in the community we operate in. We aim to make positive contributions to communities in direct ways through value added services and financial support of community projects. We manage our business processes to produce an overall positive impact on society. Key areas that we address are Sports, Education, Culture and Health.
For over 25 years, The Copy Cat’s single-minded approach has been to provide ICT and Business Technology Solutions for our customers. Our philosophy is provision of excellent professional services and detailed attention to the requirements of our customers.
With our vast wealth of knowledge and excellent support from our array of Tier 1 partnered firms across the globe, The Copy Cat limited has undoubtedly positioned itself as the Preferred Business partner in East Africa.
The most connected IT experts in East Africa – You can’t copy that.
The Copy Cat team consists of a unique combination of experienced staff with senior operational, marketing and IT experience. The staff has vast of experience in their area of expertise.
The team possesses specialised industry knowledge and has developed a global network of renowned industry and technology experts. The unique combination of The Copy Cat team adds value by introducing diverse approaches and global perspectives in order to make sound solutions and services and to actively guide its portfolio companies to become global champions.
Nazir Noordin is the Co-Founder and current Chairman and Managing Director of The Copy Cat Group. He has extensive experience that spans over 30 years in the Information, Communication and Technology sector. Alongside his partner, the late Mr Rajoo Patel, Nazir has seen the company rise to the position of being the largest IT organisation in East Africa with a footprint in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Ethiopia.
Nazir is a Kenyan citizen and also serves as a Director of the Ole Sereni Hotel in Nairobi.
Working together to realise the aspirations of our customers.
Our core values
Our core attributes
The Copy Cat Ltd. has a competent team. This is based on a familiarity of a field of knowledge acquired over years of actual practice which has resulted in a superior understanding of our products and services. In the long run we have been able to meet the needs of our customers adequately and efficiently via our sales, pre-sales and our customer support service teams.
Our History and milestones