Uganda National Association of Community and Occupational Health (UNACOH) was formed in 1987 and registered as a Non-Governmental Organisation in 1991.
It brings together health professionals and any other individuals and organisations interested or active in the improvement of health in Uganda.
An informed, Healthy and Economically productive Ugandan population.
To promote a positive health culture and influence healthy public policies through the principles of primary healthcare, emphasising advocacy for health and community mobilisation, participation and empowerment for health action.
To promote health as a human right and as a tool and measure of development through evidence-based health communications and other interventions.
- Health advocacy to decision makers
- Exchange of health information locally, nationally and internationally
- Promoting a positive health culture among the public
- Health research including operational research
- Implementing health projects
More Information: www.unacoh.org