Find Electricity and Power expertise in Brunei Darussalam
Brunei meets all of its electricity demand from fossil fuels, with 99% being from natural gas and the remaining 1% from diesel (2010). The country has an abundance of natural gas and oil reserves. This has naturally made the government’s primary aim is to lessen such dependence and thus develop more sustainable energy sources. The state owned Brunei National Electric Company is the sole provider of electricity. Most of the electricity is generated by natural gas. The electrification rate is 99 percent. The electric supply is considered to be reliable. The primary electric board within Brunei is the Department of Electric Services, which is part of the Ministry of Energy in the Prime Minister’s office.
|Electricity and Power organisations in Brunei Darussalam|
|The Department of Electrical Services||