Find Accountancy, Audit and Tax expertise in Nigeria

There are many accountancy firms in Nigeria, some of which represent a large proportion of the international accountancy networks, particularly in Abuja and Lagos. The ‘Big Four’ international accounting firms audit approximately 90% of listed companies while 15 national firms with international affiliation audit the remaining 10%. The main legal framework for corporate accounting and auditing practices in Nigeria is the Companies and Allied Matters Act. It requires financial statements from companies to comply standards set out by the Nigerian Accounting Standards Board. In addition listed companies have to comply with financial reporting and disclosure standards set out and regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Nigeria Stock Exchange. With regard to the adoption of international accounting standards for Nigeria’s listed companies, financial statements have to be published in accordance with IFRS from years ending 31 December 2012.

Accountancy, Audit and Tax organisations in Nigeria
African Ventures
Akintola Williams Deloitte
Alder Consulting
Alhassan Sufiano
Banwo & Ighodalo
BBC Consulting Limited
Charles Musa & Co.
F. O. Akinrele & Co.
F. O. Fagbohungbe & Co.
Femi Sunmonu & Associates
G. Elias & Company
Olajide and Associates
Olumfemi Adeniji & Co
PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
Securities & Exchange Commission Nigeria
Spiropoulos, Adiele & Okpara
Sulaimon & Co.